Salary: 22,568 - 38,852.80 43-4031
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Deadline: Enniskó:wa / March 8, 2013
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Director and is responsible the following job duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Calculation of monthly billings for postage, photocopying and telefaxing.
- Print checks as designated by the accounts payable department, attach to proper documentation and prepare for signature.
- Verification and tagging of fixed asset purchases.
- Assist with organization and filing of vendor invoices.
- Prepare electronic requisitions for the finance department.
- Obtain and verify backup documentation for all credit card transactions. Summarize charges by funding code, account code and department code. Prepare for entry in MIP Accounting System.
- Keypunch adjusting journal entries into the MIP Accounting System.
- Receive and reconcile Tribal staff members travel receipts to travel advances issued. Calculate variances and request repayment of excess or prepare check request for reimbursement.
- Review vendor statements, determine outstanding invoices and contact vendors directly for missing invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma and 3-5 years general office experience. Accounting knowledge preferred.
Submit letter of interest and resume by email to: email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
All positions require candidates to successfully pass a background check prior to employment. Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver's license with a clean driver abstract.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.