Salary: $ 45,094.40 - 70,387.20 (13-2031)
Status: Full-time, exempt
Deadline: Tsiothóhrha/December 26, 2014
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Budget Analyst will play a critical role in the process improvement, budgeting, forecasting and development of the budget of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Principal role is to provide guidance and technical assistance in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Meet with Program Managers and Division Directors regularly to develop and maintain budgets.
- Examine budget proposals for accuracy, precision and completeness and conformance with conventional procedures, policies and organizational objectives.
- Examine both past and current budgets and research financial and economic developments that have an effect on the organizations spending habits.
- Consolidate the individual department budgets into operating and capital financial summaries.
- Continually monitor the budget throughout the year and review all reports and accounting records to determine whether or not all allocated funds have been spent as originally allotted.
- When variances arise between the approved budgets and the actual cost the budget analyst is required to work with the program directors to prepare variance report and recommendations for new or revised budget procedures.
- Responsible for the development of guidelines and policies governing the formulation and maintenance of the budget.
- Routinely conduct training sessions for personnel regarding new budget procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Promote a positive image of the St. Regis Mohawk Tribe.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field and at least four years’ experience in a position with budgeting experience; or equivalent amount of practical work experience and training is required to be considered for this position. Knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite literate.
Submit your resume, cover letter and proof of native preference eligibility by mail to: Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655 or by email to: email@example.com .Job Closing Date: December 26, 2014
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
All positions require candidates to successfully pass a background check prior to employment. Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver's license with a clean driver abstract.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.