Budget / Business Analyst
Salary: 45,094.40 - 70,387.20 13-2031
Status: Full-time, exempt
Deadline: Enniskó:wa / March 2013
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Budget Analyst will play a critical role in the process improvement, budgeting, forecasting and specialty projects of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Principal role is to lead and coordinate the preparation of annual budgets.
- Examine budget proposals for accuracy, precision and completeness and conformance with conventional procedures, policies and organizational objectives.
- Examine both historical and current budgets and research financial and economic developments that have an effect on the organizations spending habits.
- Consolidate the individual department budgets into operating and capital financial summaries.
- Continually monitor the budget throughout the year and review all reports and accounting records to determine whether or not all allocated funds have been spent as originally allotted.
- When variances arise between the approved budgets and the actual cost the budget analyst is required to work with the program directors to prepare variance report and recommendations for new or revised budget procedures.
- Responsible for the development of guidelines and policies governing the formulation and maintenance of the budget.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, articulate, document, improve, and automate processes.
- Ability to make sense of data from various sources and communicate to the appropriate audience clearly and concisely.
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects as required.
- Routinely conduct training sessions for personnel regarding new budget procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and at least four years experience in accounting position with supervisory experience; or equivalent amount of practical work experience is required to be considered for this position. Knowledge of accounting software and sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite are necessary. Knowledge and/or experience in governmental accounting an asset.
Submit letter of interest and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655.Job Closing Date: March 08, 2013
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe gives preference to Native Americans who meet the requirements of the posted position. To the extent possible, and consistent with job requirements, employees will be recruited from among the members of the Tribe. Applicants not entitled to Native Preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment beginning, used solely for employment related purposes.