Business Office Manager
Division: Health Service, Business Office
Job Code: 11-9199
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
SUMMARY: Incumbent is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Saint Regis Mohawk Health Service Business Office by providing supervision, advice, training and enforcing established policies.Supervises the business office staff, in accordance with office policy, position descriptions and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to the SRMHS by overseeing the management of the day-to-day operations of the business office
- Participate and assist in the coordination, data collection and monitoring of all business office activities
- Ensures confidentiality, security and safety of all records according to current SRMHS policies and procedures and HIPPA
- Provide business office orientation to new employees
- Ensure compliance with Tribal, Federal, State and other regulatory laws which include provider contracts, PRC and support agreements
- Completes all management and patient care reports accurately and in a timely manner
- This position oversees others within the Business Office, such as coders, billers, account receivable specialists, and contractors.
High School diploma or GED with a minimum of five year’s experience with Business Office functions
- Broad knowledge of administrative and technical functions or activities in a quality assurance and outpatient clinic setting
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Supervisory experience in clinic based business office operations and policy development
- Working knowledge of Indian Health Service revenue cycle, RPMS, coding and billing systems
- Working relationship with Medicaid, Medicare and Private Insurance requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of financial reconciliations, managed care programs and ACA legislation
Job Closing Date: April 28, 2017
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.