Career Intern Coordinator
Division: Education, WIOA
Status: May - August (seasonal)
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the WIOA Supervisor, the Coordinator is responsible for leading, developing, and mentoring students through the College Career and Youth Intern Program. The Coordinator needs to have a positive attitude, be energetic, self-motivated, trustworthy and hard working.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all policies and standards as dictated by Tribal and Departmental Policies.
- Work with program managers to facilitate job matching with the intern’s career path and organize interview process.
- Possess strong work ethic and professional conduct
- Works with summer interns to address customer service, confidentiality, professional conduct, and work ethics
- Communicates with employers and troubleshoots workplace concerns
- Administer pre and post evaluations for summer interns
- Maintain open communication with employer’s and interns to assess the quality and success of placements
- Provides career guidance to interns including but not limited to employment options and higher education financial aid options
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is preferred
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills as asset. Computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for reporting.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
An Associate’s degree in a field of Education, Business Administration, Counseling, or Human Services. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Job Closing Date: April 28, 2017
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.