Certified Electrician (Per Diem)
Division: Tribal Administration
Job Code: 47-2111
Status: Per diem, hourly
The Per Diem Certified Electrician shall be available for on call and planned electrical jobs. The incumbent will be responsible for electrical lay-outs, assembly, installation, testing, troubleshooting and repairs to electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures.Their plans of new or modified installations will minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance and avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring consistent with specifications and electrical codes.
The Per Diem Certified Electrician will be expected to provide input into system design, installation and coordination, and take part of the initial handover team to plan the job from the onset.
The Per Diem Certified Electrician will be responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors and various control components and devices.Other responsibilities will include the fabrication of control panels, installation of interlocking wiring and performance of wiring check out, and assistance of systems start-up, and will be required to participate in job site final walk-through and prepare all as built markup drawings for the design engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Plan, lay-out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures.
- Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes and specifications.
- Use hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with codes and specifications.
- Advise management on hazardous continued operation of equipment.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:High School Diploma, GED or equivalent; completion of a five year apprenticeship program, Electrician Trade Certification, Red-Seal Certification, and 5 to 10 years’ experience as a Certified Electrician.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to construction sites
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Job Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.