Child Care Teacher
Division: Community & Family Services, Child Care
Salary Range: $23,732.80 - 38,875.20 25-1011
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Deadline: Tsiothóhrha / December 7, 2012
Under the general direction of the Education Supervisor, the Teacher is responsible for providing children with a safe, comfortable environment enriched with a variety of hands on, age appropriate activities that meet best practice standards and enhance each child’s level of development.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all policies and standards as dictated by Tribal Personnel Policies NYS OCFS Child Care Licensing Regulations, and all other applicable regulations pertaining to health, safety and sanitation.
- Relay any concerns regarding the progress of any individual child to the Supervisor for possible referral for Early Intervention services.
- Develop and implement lesson plans to meet the developmental outcomes outlined.
- Report all incidents, injuries, accidents or allegations of abuse to Supervisor. Complete necessary documentation and forward to designated personnel.
- Document in the classroom log and inform the Supervisor of any issues that may affect the development of the children.
- Submit a monthly log and report to the Supervisor that will include at a minimum;, daily attendance, meal counts and educational updates.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the Supervisor by the third Friday of the month.
- Establish a daily routine in individual classroom environment, incorporating a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, observing, questioning, demonstrating and reinforcing.
- Follow behavior management and discipline policies as dictated by the program.
- Maintain open communication with parents by sharing information regarding lesson plans, suggesting activities to reinforce learning, and sharing a monthly newsletter.
- Participate and assist in facilitating classroom procedures during monthly fire drills.
- Work in a close relationship with the Teacher Aide, Family Service staff, Registered Nurse, Education Supervisor, management and consultants to ensure quality education for the children.
Education and/or Experience:
- An Associates in Early Childhood Education or CDA in Infant/Toddler.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in an Early Childhood classroom.
- Knowledge of the Mohawk language and traditions is preferred.
- To implement regulations that govern programs for young children; acknowledging that all staff will cooperate to implement a program that far exceeds minimum regulations.
- To ensure that the rights and needs of children are the highest priority, while also recognizing the needs of other family members.
- To provide needed human and financial resources that will benefit families and children.
- To contribute to the ongoing review, evaluation and modification of services as needed by the community, families and children.
- To provide information about the services of the program to the community.
- To engage staff in cooperative problem solving, planning and continuing evaluation of themselves and the program.
Submit letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com or Human Resources, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655.Job Closing Date: December 07, 2012
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe gives preference to Native Americans who meet the requirements of the posted position. To the extent possible, and consistent with job requirements, employees will be recruited from among the members of the Tribe. Applicants not entitled to Native Preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment beginning, used solely for employment related purposes.