Community Health Nurse
Division: Health Services, Outreach Chronic Care Nursing
Salary: $43,992 – 70,387.20 29-1111
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Deadline: Enniskó:wa / March 20, 2015
- Follow all protocols within Outreach and Saint Regis Mohawk Health Services and standing orders under the direction of our Medical Director
- Case manager for patients discharged from the hospital to assure continuity of care
- Provide skilled nursing in a community health setting to the homebound elderly, acute and chronically ill through home visits, telephone consultations and case management
- Ability to work independently and follow providers order for treatments, injections and all other procedures within the R.N. scope of practice
- Identify actual and potential health problems in the home and in the community
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies as indicated and consult with primary care providers for appropriate action
- Provide education in both individual and group sessions to assure patient understanding of condition and patient compliance with all therapeutic regimes
- Participate in chart review and nursing care planning with other departments
- Participate in primary care nursing specific to the community health program
- Provide health screening and assessments for Health Services employees
- Participate in setting up specialty clinics, health promotion and disease prevention activities
- Participate in in-service/workshops pertinent to scope of practice
- Prepares patients for examination and obtains specimens as indicated. Documentation in EHR
- Supervises LPNs, HHAs and CHRs in the home setting
- Wound care experience leading to wound care certification
- Participate in health promotion and disease promotion activities
- Facilitate between veterans affairs, veterans in the community
- Diabetes education/CGM placement and downloads, insulin pump training and patient assistance
- Participate in on-call services 24/7 for our chronic nursing departments
- Works closely with the medical clinic and reports patients’ ongoing medical care
- Organize various health screening days for diabetic education, hypertension and Immunizations, cancer awareness, infant / child wellness and flu pods
- To accept other duties as assigned
- Prior authorizations for medications through various insurance companies per patient need
Registered Nurse with New York State License
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- New York State Drivers’ License
- Strongly recommended experience in community health nursing
- Mandatory drug testing prior to employment
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents and proof of native preference eligibility by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655.Job Closing Date: February 20, 2015
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
All positions require candidates to successfully pass a background check prior to employment. Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver's license with a clean driver abstract.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.