Community Health Nurse
Division: Health Services, Outreach Chronic Care Nursing
Salary: $43,992 – 70,387.20 29-1111
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Deadline: Enniskó:wa / March 15, 2013
- Follow all protocols within Outreach and Saint Regis Mohawk Health Services and standing orders under the direction of our Medical Director.
- Case manager for patient’s discharged from the hospital to assure continuity of care.
- Provide skilled nursing in a community health setting to the homebound elderly acute and chronically ill through home visits, telephone consultations and case management.
- Ability to work independently and follow providers order for treatments, injections and all other procedures within the R.N. scope of practice.
- Identify actual and potential health problems in the home and in the community.
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies as indicated and consult with primary care providers for appropriate action.
- Provide education in both individual and group sessions to assure patient understanding of condition and patient compliance with all therapeutic regimes.
- Participate in chart review and nursing care planning with other departments.
- Participate in primary care nursing specific to the community health program.
- Provide health screening and assessments for Health Services employees.
- Participate in setting up specialty clinics, health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Participate in in-service/workshops pertinent to scope of practice.
- Prepares patients for examination and obtains specimens as indicated. Documentation in EHR.
- Supervises LPN’s, HHA’s and CHR’s in the home setting.
- Wound Care experience leading to wound care certification.
- Participate in health promotion and disease promotion activities.
- Facilitate between veterans affairs, veterans in the community.
- Diabetes education/CGM placement and downloads, insulin pump training and patient assistance.
- Participate in on-call services 24/7 for our chronic nursing Departments.
- Works closely with the medical clinic and reports patients’ ongoing medical care.
- Organize various health screening days for Diabetic Education, Hypertension and Immunizations, Cancer Awareness, Infant / Child Wellness and Flu Pod’s.
- To accept other duties as assigned.
- Prior authorizations for medications through various insurance companies per patient need.
Registered Nurse with New York State License
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- New York State Drivers’ License
- Strongly recommended experience in community health nursing
- Mandatory drug testing prior to employment.
Submit your resume and cover letter by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe gives preference to Native Americans who meet the requirements of the posted position. Applicants not entitled to Native Preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
All positions require candidates to successfully pass background checks prior to employment. Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver's license with a clean driver abstract.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.