Division: Health Service, Dental Clinic
Job Code: 29-1021
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
SUMMARY: Become a part of an innovative and dynamic organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe. The Saint Regis Mohawk Health Service employees are patient centered, enthusiastic about their work and deliver quality, compassionate care to our patients.The Staff Dentist is responsible for the treatment of oral disease and providing comprehensive and emergency care to a population of approximately 9,221 patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- He/she will be responsible for providing direct clinical services
- He/she will serve on committees as assigned such as Infection Control; keep regulatory manuals up to date and co-present clinical and academic educational meetings
- Assist Chief Dental Officer with staff scheduling and time-keeping duties, i.e. tracking time and attendance with ADP
- Provide dental care (screenings, sealants, ITR/temporaries; fluoride varnish, OHI, etc.) at off site locations such as Head Start, Boys and Girls Club, local schools, Senior Center, and home visits at the Health Director’s request
- He/she is responsible for developing programs to promote dental health and disease preventions as a public health mandate
- Performing comprehensive dental exams which shall include:
- Review radiographs (FMX, Panorex, Bitewings)
- Review health history at every visit
- Periodontal screening exam with Periodontal Diagnosis
- Clinical exam of all soft and hard tissues in the oral cavity
- Oral cancer screening
- TMJ screening
- Ortho screening (under age 20)
- All clinical and radiographic findings will be charted on a treatment plan form
- Treatment plan will be discussed with the patient prior to starting dental work
- Will work with an assistant on a daily basis to perform dental procedures
- Will adhere to universal precautions at all times
- Will complete progress report for every procedure performed
- Consult with Specialists when appropriate
- He/she must maintain appropriate New York State licensing and credentials, including attending continuing education for such credentials, and maintaining CPR certification
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality
- Abide by the Saint Regis Mohawk Health Service Department policies
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Dentist will be responsible for the supervision of the Dental Staff when the Chief Dental Officer is out of the office.
- Active, current licensure as a DMD/DDS in the State of New York
- Current BLS Certification
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required.Must have excellent computer skills.ADP training is an asset but not required.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete of concrete variables in situations.
Job Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.