Administrative Assistant - Partridge House
Division: Health Service, Partridge House
Job Code: 43-6014
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant provides office support to the Administrative and Clinical Staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintains all confidentiality standards and regulations (e.g. federal, state, SRMT and Partridge House)
- Performs all duties in an ethical manner and complies with all ethical standards (e.g. SRMT and Partridge House)
- Responsible for answering phones and managing all communication to staff
- Setting up new client charts and filing completed discharged client charts
- Filing memos, timesheets, receipts, documentation of bills, etc.
- Typing memos and letters to referral sources including lawyers, probation officers, judges and other community client’s relapse prevention plans and reports.
- Completes statistical reporting to OASAS monthly reports including data entry of monthly admission and discharge forms
- Responsible for submitting ADP with Inpatient Coordinator and Clinical Director
- Responsible for managing petty cash and resident activity fund
- Completes copying, faxing, and compiling of forms
- Maintains inventory and responsible for ordering office and kitchen supplies
- Responsible for completing and managing E-requisitions and submitting monthly/quarterly invoices to accounting
- Types client’s relapse prevention plans, discharge face sheet and letters of correspondence to all referrals
- Responsible for typing clinical staff monthly group psychotherapy schedule
- Manages and submits receiving reports the Accounting Department
- Professional Boundaries:Fellow employees are to be treated with respect, courtesy, fairness, and cooperation
- Competence: Staff are to understand and recognize the boundaries and limitations of their professional competence
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: No
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Due to the sensitive nature of medical records, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times. Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED, Clerical Studies Certificate or one (1) year experience preferred.Able to type 50-60 words per minute.Able to operate standard office machines and proficient in the use of the computer.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required.Must have excellent computer skills including MS-Word and Excel.ADP training is an asset but not required.Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process. Good organizational skills.Minimum of one (1) year of sobriety (in a recovery program), if in recovery from addiction.
REASONING ABILITY: The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the audience so others will understand.Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Job Closing Date: March 10, 2017
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.