Division: Health Service, Medical Clinic
Job Code: 29-1071
Status: Full-time, permanent
SUMMARY: To administer primary health care to patients as defined by the protocols established in cooperation with the supervising physician. The mid-level practitioner will be responsible for the assessment, clinical evaluation and treatment of diseases and disorders of the human body, as well as incorporating health education into the management of the patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To include obtaining a history and physical examination, utilizing all types of instruments, medical equipment and standard tests
- Order and schedule lab studies and diagnostic procedures, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient
- To prescribe and administer medication, including effects, side effects and expected results, (as outlined in the protocols) and under the direct supervision of the physician
- Case management, including interpretation of findings and formulation of therapeutic goals. Partnering with the patient throughout the family cycle.
- Making appropriate referrals for further evaluation and treatment
- Pursuit of continuing education, maintaining an acceptable level of clinical/technical expertise
- Continued evaluation and reviewing of the objectives to maintain quality care to the patients
- Maintain relationships with all departments to enhance services to all patients
- Participate on committees or work groups that enhance the quality or efficiency of care provided to patients
- Affiliate with professional organizations for the advancement of individual, family and community wellness and healing
- Participate on care management/treatment teams as FNP/PA and educator
Qualifications: Preferred New York State Licensed Practitioner from accredited program. Graduate from Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner school accepted with full licensure attained in six months.
Job Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.