Administrative Assistant - AERC
Division: Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
Salary: $20,966.40 – 36,108.80 43-6014
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Deadline: Seskéha / August 23, 2013
The AERC is a unique venture between the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe and the Akwesasne Area Management Board. This venture is to provide assistance to individuals, from both side of the border, who are seeking employment. This position is supervised daily by the Akwesasne Employment Resource Center (AERC) staff; however, ultimately reports to the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Assistant Executive Director. The AERC Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to the AERC Program and staff.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for programs and services of the AERC
- Maintain the operational efficiency of the AERC according to the standards established by the Akwesasne Employment Resource Center (AERC)
- Ensure that all SRMT and AAMB policies and procedures are followed. Consult with Tribal Administration (Assistant Executive Director) should policy conflicts arise
- Coordinate meetings and provide clerical support by recording, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings
- Assists clients with cover letters, resumes, etc. when needed or directed by program staff
- Assist in the statistical data base entry and reports
- Responsible to inputting stats for JFC and CEC programs and supply employer information as requested by the AAMB or Tribal Administration.
- Produce regular reports as required
- Set up and maintain electronic and manual administrative filing system
- Organize and maintain an operational financial system according to the AERC’s system and reporting process
- Responsible for correspondence and documentation production and management
- Clerical support for all AERC projects and to the SRMT and AAMB Staff
- Maintain the database for all program forms and templates
- Record and forward all information requests for processing
- Help maintain welcoming and positive office atmosphere for clients and staff
- Maintain a team atmosphere of the AERC to ensure a healthy work environment
- Assist with job announcement board and telephones as needed
- Be available to other AERC staff members at all times
- Other duties as assigned by AERC Employment Development Officer
- Associates in Business Administration/Office Administration or High School diploma/GED with two years’ work experience in business or office administration field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong clerical and word processing, spreadsheet, database skills
- Knowledge of the Mohawk Language is an asset
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy
Ability & Skills:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills required
- Ability to maintain confidential files, both paper and electronic, incoming/outgoing correspondence, files, projects etc.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively, including oral and written skills
- A strong ability in time management and organizational skills
- Strong skills regarding the development of cover letters, resumes, etc.
- Professional phone skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Initiative and flexibility
- Sensitivity to clients, community needs and aspirations
- Creative and innovative
- Cooperative and a team player
- Open and honest communication with all AERC staff
Job Closing Date: August 24, 2013
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe gives preference to Native Americans who meet the requirements of the posted position. Applicants not entitled to Native Preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
All positions require candidates to successfully pass background checks prior to employment. Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver's license with a clean driver abstract.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.