Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Code: 43-3021
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Clerk reviews and processes for payment purchase orders, invoices, statements, and check requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensures payments are done accurately and up to date
- Receives, reviews and files purchase orders, check requests, and/or other documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Stamp dates all incoming invoices by mail or email and prepares them for payment or distribution
- Matches original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders or check requests
- Enters invoice information into the automated accounts payable system for check processing for review by supervisor
- Coordinates posting of accounts payable amounts to general ledger with Accounting Supervisor
- Assists in selecting AP invoices for payment and prepares documentation for check processing
- Monthly review of open purchase orders over 90 days and follow up on status
- Check monthly statements for past due invoices and take necessary action to resolve payment issues
- Monitors daily signing in/out of credit cards for certain vendors
- Operate computers with accounting software to perform above mentioned duties and responsibilities
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones and handling routine correspondence
- Promote the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe in a positive manner
- Other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information candidate must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree from a College or University in Accounting or related field and at least 1 year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Consideration will be given to an equivalent, relevant combination of education/experience in Accounting. Knowledgeable regarding the OMB Super Circular and prior experience in Fund Accounting is an asset but not required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Abila MIP Fund Accounting and ADP training is an asset but not required. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Job Closing Date: June 09, 2017
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.