Division: Tribal Gaming Commission
Job Code: 49-2094
Status: Permanent, Non-exempt, Full-time
SUMMARY: The Surveillance Technician is responsible for maintaining the Surveillance CCTV System and Access Control System. Performing preventative maintenance on all surveillance equipment to ensure they remain in proper working order. Responds to equipment failures, rectifies malfunctions pursuant to applicable provisions in the Tribal-State Compact, Tribal Internal Control Standards and/or the Gaming Operations System of Accounting and Internal Control’s (SAIC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintains proper operation of CCTV and Access Control Systems at the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino, Mohawk Bingo Palace, Casino Administrative Building, Warehouse and any other site as required.
- Schedules preventative maintenance on all Surveillance equipment.
- Plans and coordinates future surveillance requests.
- Responds to equipment failures and rectifies malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Provides training to supervisors and operators in all aspects of end-user duties and general knowledge of system applications.
- Ensures proper inventory of equipment.
- Ensures that Operating Systems software is upgraded as required and current.
- Knowledgeable of all Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and SAIC’s of the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino, Tribal-State Compact and Tribal Internal Control Standards.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information within Surveillance, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Very good oral and written communication skills required
- Thorough knowledge of casino operations, casino games, casino cheating and embezzlement scams, bingo operations.
- 24 hour availability in the event of an emergency.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Two-year Associate's degree preferred. Previous experience with CCTV, Security Alarm and access Control Systems. Computer knowledge and experience.
Job Closing Date: March 03, 2017
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.