Account Receivable Clerk
Open Until Filled
Job Code: 43-3021
Salary Range: $27,164.80 to 42,099.20
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Senior Accountant for Tribal General Fund, the Account Receivable Clerk is responsible for importing various program charges into MIP Accounting System. The Account Receivable Clerk will also monitor and record all incoming funds. In addition, the Account Receivable Clerk is to follow the guidelines of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe policies and procedures, internal control standards and objectives by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Import childcare/after school charges into MIP and report received payments
- Import Tribal Court charges into MIP, generate monthly invoices and report received payments
- Import Transfer Station charges into MIP, generate monthly invoices and report received payments
- Prepare journal vouchers to record all daily activity within the line of credit account. This includes electronic fund transfers from NYS Department of Health, Office of the State Comptroller, Department of Education (G5), Automated Standard Application for Payments, Grant Payment Request System, U.S. Department of Justice (Community Oriented Policing Services), Payment Management System, etc. Obtain all support for Journal Vouchers.
- Transfer Social Security Insurance (SSI)
- Prepare journal voucher to record incoming ACH activity within the CSEU Account
- Distributes all incoming Finance mail
- Assist with the Finance reception area and ensure nine hour daily coverage
- Perform general office duties such as scanning, filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence
- Prepare and submit daily ACH transactions from community to Citizens Bank
- Provides back-up in the absence of the other Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Promote the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe in a positive manner
- Exhibit a helpful and courteous manner when dealing with co-workers and community members
- Other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information candidate must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree from a college or university in Accounting or related field and at least one year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Consideration will be given to an equivalent, relevant combination of education/experience in Accounting. Knowledgeable regarding the OMB Super Circular and prior experience in Fund Accounting is an asset but not required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.