Account Receivable / Receptionist
Job Closing: May 29, 2019
Job Code: 43-3021
Salary Range: $27,164.80 to 42,099.20 ($13.06 to 20.24)
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Senior Accountant for TGF, the Account Receivable Clerk/ Receptionist is responsible for providing courteous and friendly customer service. The Account Receivable Clerk/Receptionist is the Finance front desk and is the information hub to the department. The Account Receivable Clerk Receptionist is to follow the guidelines of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe policies and procedures, internal control standards and objectives by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Greet and welcome co-workers and community members when they arrive at the Finance department.
- Exhibit a helpful and courteous manner when assisting co-worker and community members.
- Perform general office duties such as scanning, filing, answering and directing telephone calls, directing staff into the secured finance area and handling routine correspondence
- Upload and index scanned documents using OnBase
- Scan, upload, index and file all accounts payable and disbursement documentation each week
- Prepares and enters all tribal cash receipt entries into the automated financial system using MIP
- Prepares and logs all tribal banking deposits
- Maintains all related files and supporting documents in an orderly and up-to-date manner
- Distributes all outgoing and internal checks
- Receives and processes program advances
- Provides duplicate payment receipts to childcare and transfer station
- Provides back-up in the absence of the other Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Promote the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe in a positive manner
- Other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information candidate must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree from a College or University in Accounting or related field and at least one year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Consideration will be given to an equivalent, relevant combination of education/experience in Accounting. Knowledgeable regarding the OMB Super Circular and prior experience in Fund Accounting is an asset but not required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.