Job Closing: Jan 26, 2022
Job Code: 43-6014 Salary Level: $23,878.40 - $40,456.00
Status: Non-Exempt Location: Child Support Enforcement Unit
Department/Program: CSEU Program Reports To: Program Manager
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Child Support Enforcement Unit (CSEU) Program Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide direct administrative and office management support to the Program Manager and all other CSEU Program staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Adhere to all Federal, Tribal and Program Policies and Procedures.
- Respond to all calls and inquiries about the CSEU Program. Direct inquiries or provide information or assistance as appropriate.
- Read and sort incoming mail. Update records and take appropriate action or distribute.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Attend meetings as directed, take notes, and distribute to program staff as required.
- Assist with the preparation and presentations to community groups, division staff, and other divisions promoting the benefits of the CSEU program.
- Assist Program Manager with annual budget submission requirements
- Process and submit all program travel requests and submit as required.
- Maintain an organized filing system for program information.
- Operate and use an automated system to input and extract information and generate reports and other information required by the Tribe and Grant funding agencies.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Track and maintain program staff calendar.
- Assist with review and update of program policies, procedures, and forms to ensure all are current and available to program staff.
- Complete program training as required.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position,
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personnel files maintained, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required with a minimum of five years’ experience or post-secondary degree with 1-year experience. Consideration will be given to an equivalent, relevant combination of education/experience.
REQUIREMENTS: Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work; Attention to detail and problem-solving skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong organizational and planning skills
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to work cooperatively with other professionals and team members
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may require working weekends and evening hours.
Possession of a valid State Driver License in accordance with Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.