Job Closing: Mar 22, 2019
Division: Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Job Code: 43-6014
Salary Range: $24,585.60 to 40,456.00 ($11.82 to 19.45)
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day office support by performing general and specific office duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with community members and staff members. Maintains a professional and diplomatic demeanor at all times when handling concerns.
- Oversee the coordination of office activities and schedules; ensure smooth office operations.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Maintain, and enter information into various databases, including onbase.
- Establish, track and manage supplies and supply inventory as needed.
- Manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars via Outlook.
- Procure and maintain office supplies and equipment as required.
- Assist in the processing of travel requests, reimbursements and reconciliation
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Electronic Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Receiving Reports are functions of the Assistant.
- Perform typing duties, related collating and photocopying duties as designated by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail, email and faxes.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and files maintained within the Chief Financial Officers office, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or GED with at least six months work related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills along with research skills required in conjunction with the following:
- Ability to work independently.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Communicating with people inside and outside the organization. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Following policies, procedures and computer applications related to the department or organizational unit to which assigned;
- Assisting in solving office administrative and procedural problems;
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.