Job Closing: Sep 18, 2019
Division: Health Services, Mental Health
Job Code: 43-6014
Salary Range: $24,585.60 to 40,456.00 ($11.82 to 19.45)
Status: Full-time, term (6/30/2024), non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant is for the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Mental Health Program’s Garrett Lee Smith, Youth Suicide Prevention Grant. This position requires secretarial and receptionist tasks, which include a complete understanding of the Health Insurance Privacy and Portability Act, Confidentiality Laws and Policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibit a friendly and courteous manner when dealing with clients, fellow employees and associates.
- Answering the telephone, take messages or deliver messages in a timely manner, give appropriate information to callers, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greeting clients and ensuring their connection to the appropriate provider.
- Keeping the reception area and records room neat and presentable on a daily basis.
- Gather preliminary information to begin the intake process, triage and schedule appointments for clients and counselors.
- Gather and submit incoming and outgoing mail/correspondences in a timely manner and maintain mail log.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machine, copier, printer, phone system, and arrange for repairs when needed.
- Typing assessments, letters, discharge summaries and other documents as required.
- Maintenance of MH client information. This means filing information, setting up client files and charts.
- Data entry into data bases for MH and SAMHSA.
- Complete clerical duties for GLS Akwesasne Youth Suicide Prevention grant.
- Maintaining supplies and forms in adequate quantity.
- Clerical assistance for various projects, when needed.
- Assisting with purchase requisitions, travel requests and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Reorganize and update file cabinets, prepare files for scanning on CD and upkeep of the CD records.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and RPMS scheduling and Behavioral health charting for performing job duties.
- Occasional client transport, attend outreach events and training as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma; a minimum of one year of office and secretarial work; personal computer skills; must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision; use proper phone etiquette; and must be willing to develop a good understanding of Behavioral Health issues– both Mental Health and Alcoholism/Chemical Dependency, and including suicide prevention.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Proven ability to work independently and within a team and excellent organizational skills. Computer testing may be a requirement during the interview process. Willingness to learn behavioral health and medical terminology.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.