Administrative Assistant - Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation Program (TVR)
Job Closing: Dec 22, 2021
Job Code: 43-6014 Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Exempt: No Location: TVR Program Office
Department: TVR Reports To: TVR Program Manager
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing direct administrative and office management support to the Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation (TVR) program. The Administrative Assistant acts as the first point of contact for Community Members and all incoming correspondence, questions, concerns or inquires to the attention of the TVR Program Manager and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to the TVR Program Manager and staff.
- Maintain a weekly/monthly schedule of all appointments.
- Adhere to Tribal, Division, and Program policies and procedures.
- Accept intake paperwork, checking that all proper documentation is provided.
- Review and prepare all documents, reports and other correspondence materials for the TVR program.
- Be the first point of contact for Community Members, taking their calls, confirming their appointments, relaying messages.
- Able to evaluate the nature of any inquiry and determine the timeline for assistance.
- Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors to the office refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as applicable.
- Review budget reports and complete e-Requisitions for the TVR program when needed.
- Assist TVR program with organizing credit card purchase receipts/backup documentation and uploading into the Centersuite system for review and approval.
- Ensure that any/all assistance provided is properly documented and accounted for via receipts and backup support documentation.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality for all aspects of the TVR Program.
- Maintain an organized filing system for TVR program related documentation.
- Attend meetings with the TVR program, and when needed, take notes, transcribe, and distribute as follow up.
- Become familiar with the stakeholder contacts, and inter-agency linkages of the TVR program and maintain consistent communications, linkages, and relations regularly or as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisory requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability. Excellent teamwork and teambuilding skills. Excellent writing skills. Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email required.
NOTE: Assignments made to employees in this class will require reasonable access to transportation to meet fieldwork requirements made in the ordinary course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE: Minimum High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with three to five years’ experience in an administrative setting, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience can also be considered.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES: Knowledge of the various Division programs, management, and staffing charts; Ability to work with Community members in need, referring and connecting them to appropriate programming and resources; Friendly, Professional, Helping attitude;
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to express ideas and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Tribal Employee Vaccination Policy” that requires all employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status, apply for a Medical Exemption or begin the vaccination process. If the successful applicant is not vaccinated, they will be required to receive their first vaccine dose prior to starting employment and must receive their second dose, if applicable, within 30 days of employment.