Administrative Support Worker
Job Closing: Sep 28, 2018
Division: Tribal Council
Job Code: 43-6014
Salary Range: $23,878.40 to $40,456.00
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Administrative Support Worker is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties for the Office of Tribal Council, including but not limited to providing receptionist duties and support to the Tribal Council Administrative Staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Answer phones with the standard greeting as set by the Office of Tribal Council, take and relay messages, and return phone calls in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative assistance for the Office of Tribal Council, which will include, but not limited to word-processing, printing, sorting/filing/distributing paperwork and mail, and data entry.
- Collect, log, file and distribute mail to relevant individuals in a timely manner.
- Draft documents and correspondences as requested by the Executive Assistant to Tribal Council.
- Office coverage during lunch hour, as needed.
- Present a positive and professional image of the division to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Exhibit a helpful and courteous manner when dealing with co-workers and community members.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, and keep confidential information within the Office of Tribal Council.
- Be informed of scheduled events, meetings and assist Tribal Council staff with coordinating new meetings and modifying existing meetings upon request.
- Receives and screens all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors and/or refers and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as it applies.
- In the absence of the Executive Assistant to Tribal Council and/or the Administrative Assistants, take notes and minutes of highly confidential subjects.
- Assist with any planning, implementation, documentation and organization for the office.
- Assist with the scanning of documents and enter in the On-Base Systems for the office.
- Assist Executive Assistant to Tribal Council with different job tasks.
- Coordinate the logistical aspects Tribal Council as needed, such as meeting, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Process invoices, requisitions and perform other fiscal duties as assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Assistant to Tribal Council.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisory duties for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree in business administration, office administration, or related field with at least two years of experience in an administrative position.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.