Job Closing: Mar 22, 2019
Division: Social Services, Adolescent Group Home
Job Code: 21-1093
Salary Range: $24,835.20 to 40,456.00 ($11.94 to 19.45)
Status: 2 per diem, 1 full-time day/evening male, 1 full-time midnight
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Residential Manager, the Adolescent Specialist is responsible for the safety, guidance, and well-being of all adolescent clients. Adolescent Specialist will be responsible for a range of duties designed to assist each client through a behavior modification based program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Participation in the nurturing of youth by role modeling, guiding, assist with school assignments and demonstrate good character, and sound judgment.
- Ensure client safety at all times while promoting a healthier, balanced lifestyle.
- Actively participate with clients in all indoor/outdoor activities.
- Plan and execute a monthly activity calendar.
- Be a part of and actively participate in Program Quality Improvement Committees.
- Recording and submitting a daily log of resident activities, events, and behaviors is a daily requirement.
- Able to document all critical incidents and report them timely to the immediate supervisor.
- Instruct adolescents in life skills and demonstrate healthy habits as well as appropriate behaviors.
- All workers are expected to assist with light cleaning duties as well as instruct clients with cleaning and proper hygiene.
- Workers will be expected to cook some meals as well as instruct residents with cooking skills.
- Participate in case management meetings regarding clinical substance abuse services, mental health, and the school system and level progress.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends. Flexibility is a must.
- Must be Therapeutic Crisis Intervention trained shortly after their hire date and are required to attend all refresher courses to remain certified during their employment.
- First Aid and CPR certifications must be kept current.
- Must be able to transport residents to and from various activities, appointments, and school in a timely fashion.
- Dispense client medications timely and with accuracy.
- Staff caring for residents must be in good physical and mental health and free from communicable diseases, such as attested to by a physical examination, which must include an intradermal tuberculin test and additional reports, including chest X-Rays, where such test is positive, and serological tests as indicated, at the time of initial employment, and by annual re-examination.
- Will Promote SRMT in a positive manner at all times.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There is no supervisory responsibility for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personal files maintained within Social Service Division, we must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED equivalent; Some experience working with youth; Strong writing and communication skills; Basic computer knowledge; Knowledge and understanding of Akwesasne community, values, traditions and social norms.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES: Have the ability to deal with and respond appropriately with stressful situations and troubled adolescents. As well as be aware and sensitive to the needs of clients and their families. Must maintain close contact with the Program Manager for planning, developing, and implementing Service Plans. Be able to work closely and communicate professionally within a large staff. Interact professionally with various agencies, the school system, and resource persons when planning community service initiatives.
Required to report suspected child abuse or maltreatment when reasonable cause to suspect that a child is an abused or maltreated child where the parent or guardian, custodian, or other person legally responsible for such child, information come before you, facts, condition, or circumstance which if correct, work render the child an abused or maltreated child, (SSL 415) Mandated Reporters in New York State - certain professionals are required by law to report suspected child abuse or maltreatment to the New York State Central Registry the law also assigns civil and criminal liability to those professionals who do not comply with their mandated reporter responsibilities.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to express ideas and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.