Job Closing: Jun 26, 2019
Division: Health Services
Job Code: 11-9111
Salary Range: $59,633.60 to 107,265.60 ($28.67 to 51.57)
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
Summary: The Health Services Assistant Director will assist the Director in organization, management and continuous improvement efforts of the Health Services Division. The Assistant Director of Health Services monitors the quality of patient care services within the Division according to strategic objectives and priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting the Health Services Director in the execution of identified strategic goals and objectives
- Assuming the responsibilities of the Health Services Director in the Directors absence
- Working closely with SRMHS Department Heads in the implementation of the strategic objectives of the organization
- Assisting the Director with the supervision of all department heads, professional and program staff in the delivery of services within their departments of Health Services
- Responsible for staff recruitment and succession planning
- Assisting the Director with the implementation and enforcement of all policies and procedures of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe and Health Service Division
- Assist with staff issues and concerns. Ensuring such matters are addressed in a fair and consistent manner
- Assist with creation of staff training and development programs
- Represent the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Health Service when delegated by the Health Director, in meetings and conferences with community groups, professional organizations, federal, state and local governments for the purpose of relaying and obtaining significant health concerns, issues and policies which will affect the health of the SRMT Tribal membership
- Organizes or conducts training or staff development programs
- Monitor and identify opportunities for increased operational efficiencies; process improvements, cost savings and revenue generation
- Working with the health services cost analyst to review program budgets, grant applications and other funding requirements. Provide input and recommendations as needed
- Ensure necessary grant reports are submitted by required deadlines
- Coordinating various service contracts required within the Health Service. Initiate and approve or coordinate purchase of necessary equipment or supplies required in the delivery of services within the Health Service
- Collaborating with Facilities Maintenance, Capital Projects Manager and other stakeholders to evaluate and monitor facility maintenance and capital project needs for the SRMHS.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor at all times when engaging with staff and community
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct supervisory responsibilities are responsibilities are required in the absence of the Health Director.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in program administration. Public Health Service experience is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills. Strong interpersonal, communication and administration skills are essential.
A compassionate, inspiring individual, who embraces high standards, effectively leads change and who strives for continuous improvement.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.