Assistant RPMS Site Manager / Information Systems Manager
Job Closing: Apr 27, 2018
Department: Administration, Site Manager
Job Code: 15-1151
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Site Manager, the Assistant RPMS Site Manager/Information Systems Manager will provide technical support to workers in information processing departments by performing the following duties:
- Assist the Site Manager with recommendations for improvements to computer systems
- Review and test applications to ensure that program objectives and specifications are met
- Maintain existing programs
- Assist Site Manager with evaluation and tests vendor supplied software packages for microcomputers to determine compatibility with existing system, ease of use, and if software meets user needs
- Automation of current operating systems; tests computer system to determine criticality of component loss. Prioritizes importance and components and writes recommendations for recovering losses and using backup equipment
- Assists user to resolve computer related problems, such as inoperative hardware or software. Trains workers in use of new software or hardware
- Read technical journals or manuals and attend vendor seminars to learn about new computer hardware and software
- Clerical support provided by individual, all required documentation responsibility of incumbent
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No supervisory responsibility with this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personnel files maintained within Human Resources, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: As listed above, Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university in computer related field preferred. Four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills an asset. Willing to learn heath care systems. Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.