Assistant RPMS Site Manager/Information Systems Manager
Job Closing: Jun 23, 2021
JOB CODE: 15-1232
Location: Health Services
Reports To: RPMS Site Manager/Information Systems Manager
SUMMARY: Assists with all duties of the Resources and Patient Management Systems Site Manager. Is responsible for the daily operation, maintenance and problem resolution of multi-user systems supporting both administrative and automated data processing. Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone, or electronically. May help concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Maintains functional data processing;
• Maintains 4 servers: Electronic Health Record, Electronic Dental Record, Patient Registration/Scheduling system and RPMS;
• Maintain approximately 30 RPMS software packages;
• Assists staff personnel with all activities related to the systems operation and the data processing functions of the systems to satisfy the monthly reporting requirements for HIS and GPRA;
• Schedules data processing jobs for computer time and report generation;
• Resolves priority conflicts to meet the needs of users;
• Prepares weekly and monthly routine recurring and special jobs;
• Responds to user requests for new, special or non-recurring adhoc type reports. Helps the user determine information requirements, develop simple program modules using VA Fileman for extracting, sorting, reformatting and printing the variety of input data and reports; and special jobs;
• Prepares data in preparation for monthly electronic data transmissions to the Nashville Area Office for processing to the National Data Warehouse;
• Work Closely with the Nashville Area Office on system/software upgrades;
• Participate in beta test process and monitor testing when feasible;
• Provides routine maintenance and operations of the systems including updating software and equipment, running nightly backups, resetting main system, system power-up and shutdown, filter servicing, and correction of minor equipment and software problems. Contact’s service representatives regarding need service, equipment malfunctions and needed repairs. Notifies system users of changes in operations or functions;
• Documents systems malfunctions and other operational difficulties or problems which have a significant impact on system operation and reviews these reports in order to initiate corrective procedures/documentation. Responsible for notifying appropriate personnel;
• Maintain taxonomies for the accuracy of the GPRA, DIABETES AUDIT;
• Maintains systems security by monitoring system access, both physical and electronic;
• Assign user access to systems (RPMS, Electronic, Health Record, and Electronic Dental Record). Deactivate user access according to the employee exit process.
• Orient & Instruct new employees on signing on and off systems and knowledge of RPMS to operate efficiently;
• Participates with staff from other departments by discussing working process, problems relating to production schedules, system status, equipment malfunctions and other operation problems;
• Works with Health Service Programs to provide reports and run Audits
• Participate in various committee meetings: Health Information Management Committee, HER (Electronic Health Record), Compliance Committee, QA Committee and Department Head Meetings;
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software and how to run reports
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two Year Degree in Computer Sciences or related field preferred
• High School Diploma or GED with 1 year on the job experience;
• Knowledge of Computer software and internal workings
• Knowledge of AIX and MUMPS;
• ICD-9 and Medical terminology an asset
• Must be able to multitask, self-motivate
• Knowledge of Healthcare operations an asset
• Must be willing to work weekends and after hours when necessary.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.