Job Closing: Dec 11, 2019
Division: Office for the Aging
Job Code: 21-1093
Salary Range: 24,835.20 to 40,456.00
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director, the Caregiver Support Coordinator is responsible for providing information, assistance, training, support groups, counseling, a wide variety of respite services, and supplemental services to caregivers of older persons (60 years and older). The Caregiver Support program is designed to support informal caregivers (family, friends, and neighbors) as they carry out their caregiving responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibit a friendly and courteous manner when dealing with our employees and fellow associates.
- Provide services in accordance with Federal, State, and Tribal rules and regulations
- Maintain client confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA requirements at all times
- Coordinate and schedule Caregiver support and other support groups
- Coordinate events and presentations with outside agencies on caregiver topics
- Work with individual caregivers on locating, obtaining, and using available services and supports
- Provide counseling to individual caregivers to assist in making decisions and solving problems related to their caregiving roles
- Facilitate formal education and training programs, classes, or workshops
- Assess and arrange for respite care and supplemental services
- Reporting and data entry
- Develop and maintain caregiver library
- Provide public education on caregivers support services and identify individuals needing caregiver support
- Responsible for obtaining contracts for services and arranging for payment
- Provide client home visits as necessary
- Attend training as required
- Perform any other job related duties as required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position,
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Interviewing and counseling skills with an ability to work in a team based environment. Must be able to manage several client cases at once. Knowledge of social services or human services issues, especially dealing with older adults and family caregivers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors in behavioral or human services and two years of experience or Associates in behavioral or human services with four years of experience or five years of experience in lieu of degree.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Mohawk language is considered an asset. Must be able to use Microsoft word and email.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to problem solve and prioritize potential solutions. Ability to present unbiased information. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.