Child Care Teacher Assistant
Open Until Filled
Job Code: 25-9042 Salary: $15.02 - $19.2
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt. Location: ELC
Department: Education Reports To: CC Classroom Teacher
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Child Care Classroom Teacher, the Child Care Teacher Assistant is responsible for providing children with a safe, comfortable environment, enriched with a variety of hands-on, age-appropriate activities that meet best practice standards and enhance each child’s level of development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Adhere to all policies, standards, and procedures as dictated by Tribal Personnel Policies, NYS OCFS Child Care Licensing Regulations, the ELC Behavior Management Plan, the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct, PL102-477 regulations and all other applicable regulations pertaining to health, safety and sanitation.
· Assist Lead Teacher to implement curriculum that is responsive to children’s learning and development by engaging in and documenting a continual planning-assessment cycle.
· Ensure developmentally appropriate practices at all times and utilize program tools including, Creative Curriculum, Teaching Strategies Gold, Pyramid Model, NYS Early Learning Guidelines NYS Core Body of Knowledge, Environmental Rating Scales, and current research and best practice.
· Effectively communicate information regarding development and learning, scheduling, duties, and all other relevant information.
· Create and maintain an accurate and updated profile on the Aspire Registry. Participate in all professional development requirements, including coaching/mentoring, and work with Education Coordinator/Coach to set professional goals and maintain an Individual Professional Development Portfolio.
· Assist in maintaining accurate documentation in the classroom monthly binder and submitting by designated deadline to administrative team.
· Promote continuous quality improvement for the achievement of stated program goals by working with program staff, service providers, consultants, and other relevant community agencies.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Prefer previous experience working in Early Childhood.
· Prefer candidate willing to pursue Child Development Associate (CDA) credential.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Exhibit a friendly and courteous manner while maintaining a high level of professionalism in relationships with children, families, visitors, colleagues, other staff members, management, and community members.
· Positively deal with crisis situations. Deal with hostile, aggressive persons or situations.
· Be aware and sensitive to the needs that may arise when handling stressful and demanding circumstances. Immediate debriefing will be made available.
· Assist in maintaining a safe working environment in the ELC.
· Promote a positive image of the ELC and foster a climate of respect and integrity.
· Ability to implement regulations that govern programs for young children; acknowledging that all staff will cooperate to implement a program that far exceeds minimum regulations.
· Ability to ensure that the rights and needs of children are the highest priority, while also recognizing the needs of other family members.
· To contribute to the ongoing review, evaluation and modification of services as needed by the community, families and children.
· To provide information about the services of the program to the community and to engage staff in cooperative problem solving, planning and continuing evaluation of themselves and the program.
The successful candidate must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.