Club House Supervisor
Job Closing: May 4, 2018
Division: SRMT Health Services, A/CDP
Job Code: 11-9151
Status: Full-Time, Term, Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Supervise Clubhouse workers and reports to A/CDP Clinical Director while serving as liaison between parents, the A/CDP Clinical Director, and facility officials. The Clubhouse Supervisor will plan, implement, and supervise activities including educational activities, arts and crafts, games, sports, and cultural activities while taking into account the needs of the clubhouse participants. They will also encourage staff to develop and implement their own activities and leadership skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for promoting and recruiting clubhouse membership.
- Complete and maintain time and attendance records of workers and program participants.
- Create a safe and positive learning environment for young adults’ ages 15 to 20 years old.
- Assess and manage the facilities and equipment for safety.
- Meet with staff daily to discuss rules, roles, and regulations.
- Responsible for personnel issues related to job performance and staff.
- Update, organize and implement daily planning of events such as cultural events, educational activities, as well as guest speakers and presentations.
- Responsible for general admissions and other applicable administrative paperwork.
- The Clubhouse Supervisor will schedule maintenance and use of the facilities, report to the A/CDP Clinical Director any maintenance requirements of the clubhouse facilities and assist with upkeep of the program assets.
- Supervise and coordinate work schedule and training activities for Clubhouse Workers.
- Able to participate in necessary trainings for this position.
- Establish and enforce rules and regulations in order to maintain and ensure safety of staff and participants.
- Administer first aid according to prescribed procedures and notify emergency personnel when necessary.
- Exhibit leadership skills, dependability, patience, punctuality, teamwork, self-control, and enthusiasm.
- Maintain and control equipment and supply inventories.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for the supervision of Clubhouse staff and program participants.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual should be energetic, self-motivated, compassionate, and hard working. They should also be knowledgeable of community dynamics and resources as well as trauma-informed care.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates degree (A.A.) from two-year College or a two-year Certificate Program in Education, Recreational Leadership or relevant field is preferred; or the combination of related experience in a supervisory position and/or educational setting.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word and excel for reporting and staffing payroll purposes.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of daily situations.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.