Club House Worker Part-Time
Job Closing: May 4, 2018
Division: SRMT Health Services, A/CDP
Job Code: 21-1011
Status: Part-Time, Term, Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Clubhouse Workers will organize, plan, implement, and supervise activities to develop pro-social skills that promote long term health, wellness, recovery and drug free lifestyle. These include but are not limited to educational activities, arts and crafts, games, recreation, and cultural activities, while being mindful of participants needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibits dependability, patience, punctuality, teamwork, self-control, and enthusiasm.
- Promotes a friendly, welcoming and positive environment at all times
- Enforce Clubhouse rules and regulations in order to maintain and ensure safety.
- Explain principles, techniques and safety procedures to clubhouse participants in activities and demonstrate use of materials and recreational equipment.
- Attend to and interact with Clubhouse participants at all times. Participants are not to be left unattended at any time.
- Administer first aid according to prescribed procedures and notify emergency personnel when necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of facilities and recreational areas.
- Report and document any issues or rule violation of Clubhouse participants to Clubhouse Supervisor.
- Seek assistance or advice from Clubhouse supervisor as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other service providers to present programs and presentations to participants.
- Encourage creativity, personal development, social development, self-confidence, independence and compassion with other staff and participants.
- Able to participate in necessary trainings for this position.
- Other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: To supervise youth and plan and implement daily activities for youth.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidates will have strong educational leadership abilities and be knowledgeable of the unique needs of the participants.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED; minimum of two years of sobriety (if a recovering person) Experience with Education, Recreational Leadership and/or relevant field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required, able to work with large groups of youth, able to work in a team based setting.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of daily situations.
Preferred 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.