Community Health Registered Nurse
Job Closing: Jul 17, 2019
Division: Health Services, Outreach Chronic Care Nursing
Job Code: 29-1141
Salary Range: $49,358.40 to $76,481.60
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
Provide skilled nursing in a community health setting to the homebound elderly acute and chronically ill through home visits, telephone consultations and case management.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Follow all protocols within Outreach and Saint Regis Mohawk Health Services and standing orders under the direction of our Medical Director.
- Identify actual and potential health problems in the home and in the community.
- Case manager for patients discharged from the hospital to assure continuity of care.
- Ability to work independently and follow providers order for treatments, injections and all other procedures within the R.N. scope of practice.
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies as indicated and consult with primary care providers for appropriate action.
- Provide education in both individual and group sessions to assure patient understanding of condition and patient compliance with all therapeutic regimes.
- Participate in chart review and nursing care planning with other departments.
- Participate in primary care nursing specific to the community health program.
- Provide foot care services as directed.
- Provide health screening and assessments for Health Services employees.
- Organize various health screening days for diabetic education, hypertension, immunizations, cancer awareness, infant/child wellness and flu pods.
- Participate in setting up specialty clinics, health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Participate in in-service/workshops pertinent to scope of practice.
- Prepares patients for examination and obtains specimens as indicated. Documentation in EHR.
- Supervises LPNs, HHAs and CHRs in the home setting.
- Wound care experience leading to wound care certification.
- Participate in on-call services 24/7 for our chronic nursing departments.
- Works closely with the medical clinic and reports patients’ ongoing medical care.
- To accept other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Education And/or Experience: Registered Nurse from accredited nursing program in the United States, two years related experience, and experience chronic disease case management.
Other Skills and Abilities: Communication both orally, written and critical thinking skills, Mohawk language and traditions is preferred, physically able to carry out the duties of the position, and confidentiality.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.