Diabetes Prevention Worker
Open Until Filled
Job Code: 21-1094 Status: Full-Time
Exempt: No Location: DCE
Department: Diabetes Center for Excellence Reports to: Lead Diabetes Prevention Worker
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Lead DPW, the employee will provide administrative assistance, health education and promotion, tobacco cessation, foot care and work within the facility and the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Provide education and counseling on tobacco cessation including but not limited to pulmonary testing,
· Plan and deliver education activities for various age groups consisting of informational displays, group discussion, newsletter development, community events, physical activity instruction and cooking clubs,
· Provide health promotion activities following national monthly health observances.
· Complete all documentation and reports required in a timely manner; and meet all deadlines that are assigned,
· Strictly uphold the confidentiality of clients, employees and agency business within and outside of the agency;
· Coordinate and attend outreach activities to increase participant enrollment,
· Participate in the development of employee wellness activities,
· Monitor fitness center when requested,
· Conduct vital signs on clients and document in E.H.R
· Collect data to organize and report to Program Manager for statistical funding purposes,
· Assist with community health promotions and disease prevention.
· Participate in screening clients, case management and record keeping.
· Upon completion of training provide routine footcare,
· Go into client homes as directed by the FNP for related health follow ups,
· Organize and conduct various health screenings,
· Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position,
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Able to provide friendly customer service and work various schedules;
· Ability to interact well with the general public and people of all ages
· Able to attend various trainings outside of the community
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Organized and knows how to multitask
· Punctuality is a must
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Two-year degree in a health science-related field with 2 years’ work experience community health or
· Licensed Practical nurse with current licensure in New York State or
· Community Health Representative or Medical Assistant with 5 years work experience in related field.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have computer skills for documentation purposes.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.