Executive Administrative Assistant
Job Closing: Dec 8, 2021
Job Code: 43-6011 Salary Level: $37,356.80 – 65,228.80
Exempt: No Location: Ionkwakiohkwaró:ron
Department: Tribal Council Reports to: Executive Assistant/Board Liaison
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Office of Boards and Commissions (OBC) Executive Assistant/Board Liaison (“EABL”), the Executive Administrative Assistant (“EAA”) is responsible for the administrative support to the Tribe’s Police Commission, Election Board, Judicial Oversight Commission, Gaming Commission, Akwesasne Housing Authority Board, Residency Board, Cannabis Control Board, and any other boards, commission, committees as identified by Tribal Council. The EAA shall also provide support to the Tribal Enterprises, Te wá tha hón:ni Corporation, its subsidiary Limited Liability Companies as requested and by performing duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Answer phones with the standard greeting as set by the office of Boards and Commissions, take and relay messages, and return phone calls.
- Collect, log, file and distribute mail to relevant Boards, Commissions and Committees in a timely manner.
- Procure and maintain office supplies and equipment as required.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive electronic and paper filing and retrieval system of documentation for all Boards, Commissions and Committees. Must be able to search and provide information upon immediate request from the EABL.
- Assist the EABL in coordinating and scheduling meetings for Tribal boards, commissions and committees, as called for and the regular and special meetings of the Boards for Te wá tha hón:ni Corporation, its subsidiary Limited Liability Companies.
- Assist the EABL in preparing meeting agendas and packages.
- Attend board/commission meetings, tribal monthly meetings, and community meetings, including those outside of regular business hours, as requested by the EABL.
- Record, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes and action items in a timely manner upon request by the EABL.
- Draft, prepare, and send correspondences on behalf of the OBC and EABL upon request.
- Complete various forms on behalf the EABL upon request.
- Process invoices, billings, and payments for services and reimbursements, purchase requisitions utilizing the Tribe’s established financial procedures.
- Assist the EABL in maintaining a calendar of all appointed committee members’ terms and send reminders of upcoming vacancies to the EABL.
- Assist in the processing of travel requests, reimbursements and reconciliation for the members of the Boards, Commissions and Committees.
- Assist with any planning, implementation, documentation and organization for the office.
- Must train with the EABL to effectively be able to sit in for the EABL in their absence.
- Knowledgeable of Robert’s Rules of Order and/or willing to learn on the job.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, and keep confidential information within the Office of Boards and Commissions.
- Other necessary duties and responsibilities as identified by Executive Assistant/Board Liaison.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position,
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and files maintained with the Commissions, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or certification from college or technical school in a business/administrative related field, and minimum of one (1) year of related work experience; or combination of equivalent experience and training.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Possession of a valid State Driver License in accordance with Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has adopted a “Tribal Employee Vaccination Policy” that requires all employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status, apply for a Medical Exemption or begin the vaccination process. If the successful applicant is not vaccinated, they will be required to receive their first vaccine dose prior to starting employment and must receive their second dose, if applicable, within 30 days of employment.