Food Distribution\LIHEAP Program Manager
Job Closing: Feb 22, 2019
Job Code: 11-9151
Salary Range: $37,356.80 to 71,344.00 ($17.96 to 34.30)
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Compliance Director, the SACSM is responsible for the review and approvals of benefit activities for eligible tribal members. The SACSM assumes responsibility for developing, monitoring and ensuring that all applicants for LIHEAP program is operating within guidelines of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe (SRMT), State and Federal policies and procedures, that all internal control standards and objectives are met by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibit a friendly and courteous manner when dealing with our clients and other individuals
- Provides advice and guidance to the clients regarding application process, deadlines and eligibility requirements and
- Determines the benefits and entitlements of applicants based upon completed applications
- Determines eligibility of dependents, makes recommendations and advises applicants of legal requirements for completed applications
- Prepares Tribal LIHEAP application packets
- Contacts various Energy providers regarding the LIHEAP program requirements for remittance
- Maintain Clients confidentiality
- Maintains files in a secure area for minimum required duration as per guidelines
- Establish and Coordinate a relationship with County social service representatives for assurance that no duplicate applicants on a bi weekly basis
- Prepares all paperwork required to process check requests
- Prepares approval notifications to approved and non-approved clients based upon guidelines and regulations
- Create and finalize all vendor agreements with approved licensed vendors
- Provide community outreach by ensuring application program dates are publicized and provide community notice utilizing various media outlets
- Analyze compensation policies, government regulations, and recommend changes and amendments when necessary to remain in compliance with all agencies guidelines
- Prepare when necessary any written or verbal information to clients, staff and director when applicable
- Assist Clients when needed in completing forms and applications
- Assist clients, by providing energy saving TIPS by Boucher or other relevant resources
- Collaborate with other programs regarding assessments and other services that clients may be in need of
- Manage the design and development of tools to assist employees in benefits selection, and to guide managers through compensation decisions
- Establish, maintain, track and produce annual statistics and reports for all approved and non-approved or emergency services offered
- Assist with preparing clients food commodities orders
- Assist in assessing commodities inventory and quality control
- Requisitions payment for vendors of eligible LIHEAP Applicants
- Assist in proper food rotation and proper storage of food products by commodity type
- Other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist in the supervision of one full time employee and one part time employee for food distribution and LIHEAP assistance program.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personnel files of clients, one must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates degree (A. A.) from two-year College or University in Social Services, Public Administration, Accounting or related field and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Consideration will be given to an equivalent, relevant combination of education/experience in the social services or administrators field.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex and different personalities on a daily basis. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.