Job Closing: Jul 17, 2019
Division: Tribal Gaming
Job Code: 33-9031
Salary Range: Starting at $20.64 per hour
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: The St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Commission employs and directs non-uniformed inspectors to enter and inspect any gaming facility on tribal land in which games are operated pursuant to the St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Ordinance, the Tribal-State Compact between the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe and the State of New York and the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act of 1988. Such inspectors shall be employed and directed for the purpose of protecting the Tribe, the gaming public, and the Tribe’s gaming operations from unsuitable, unfair, or illegal practices and methods in the conduct of gaming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain the strictest level of confidentiality regarding all gaming related documents and business matters.
- Work scheduled shifts as assigned.
- Monitor and observe management, employees, and patrons of tribal gaming facilities to ensure internal controls are practiced.
- Conduct regular audits of the Tribe’s gaming facilities, testing for compliance to all written standards of operation and management as provided in the Ordinance, the Compact, or I.G.R.A. which shall include:
- The rules of each game of chance operated by the gaming operations;
- Permissible methods of payment;
- Internal organization and management of the gaming operations;
- Security and surveillance methods;
- Accounting and cash control procedures; and
- Other record keeping requirements.
- Testing of electronic gaming devices and systems which shall include:
- Testing and verification of game program storage media;
- Bill testing of electronic gaming machines and systems;
- Field testing of electronic gaming devices and systems; and
- Other testing as required.
- Investigate and report to the Lead Inspector or designee:
- Complaints made by patrons (as assigned by the Commission);
- Violations committed by patrons;
- Violations committed by gaming employees; and
- Violations committed by the Tribal Gaming Operation.
- Complete all reports in a neat, timely, and professional manner.
- Maintain a courteous demeanor with all patrons, employees, and management of the Tribe’s gaming facilities.
- Cooperate with other regulatory agencies and/or law enforcement personnel.
- Adhere to dress code as established by the Commission
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information within the organization, strict confidentiality must be maintained at all times.Must have good oral and written skills
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Class III occupational gaming license issued by St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma and four year’s work experience in the gaming field, or an equivalent combination of training, education, and work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this position.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have proficient computer skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to identify and report practical problems dealing with a variety of variables and situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to build a working relationship New York State Gaming Regulators, with local law enforcement agencies, with other gaming commission agencies. Ability to organize and keep accurate records, write routine correspondence and reports, speak effectively to the public, operation employees and customers.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.