Open Until Filled
Division: Health Services, Medical Clinic
Job Code: 29-1062
Salary Range: $164,548.80 to 250,016.00 ($79.11 to 120.20)
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
SUMMARY: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe is seeking a General Practitioner to provide primary care in an outpatient setting. The General Practitioner will be responsible for knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, or examination results.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in communities for prevention or treatment of injury or illness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- New York State License for General Practitioner
- Experience in a family care setting is preferred.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Compassion – Physicians deal with patients who are sick or injured and may be in extreme pain or distress. Physicians must be able to treat patients and their families with compassion and understanding.
- Physicians must ensure that patients are receiving appropriate treatment and medications. They must also monitor and record various pieces of information related to patient care.
- Organizational skill – strong organization skill including good recordkeeping are critical in medical settings.
- Patience – Physicians may work for long periods with patients who need special attention. Children and adult patients who fear medical treatment may require more patience.
- Problem-Solving Skills - Physicians need to evaluate patients’ symptoms and administer the appropriate treatments. They often need to do this quickly in order to save a patient’s life.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.