Grants and Contracts Manager
Job Closing: Aug 10, 2018
Division: Grants and Contracts
Job Code: 11-3061
Salary Range: $51,355.20 to $95,201.60
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
SUMMARY: The Grants & Contracts Manager is responsible to establish and maintain an effective and efficient Grants and Contracts department which supports the operational needs of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe and component Divisions and Programs.
The Grants & Contracts will focus on continuous improvement measures and will provide leadership and supervision to all department staff.
The Manager will communicate goals to department staff and work closely with staff to implement necessary changes. The Manager is responsible for operational and strategic direction and accountability: objectives: procedures and operational decisions for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Lead a team of four staff members within Grants and Contracts department; seeking maximum performance and efficiency.
- Development of standard and consistent contract templates
- Provide leadership. management oversight and technical assistance for all matters relating to organization grants, contracts, and sub-agreements developed by the Grants and Contracts office
- Oversees and monitors the grant progress and ensures compliance with Federal, New York State, and tribal regulations and policies
- Lead the development and implementation of revised policies and procedures that enable the organization to effectively manage different forms of contractual agreements
- Provide advice and guidance to managers regarding grants and contract requirements; ensure appropriate teams are alerted to any changes and leads the implementation to any revision of policies and procedures that may he required
- Ensure that the G&C team works effectively and efficiently with all relevant leaders to facilitate all grant, contract, and sub-agreement processes in a timely manner
- Lead and manage the G&C team to ensure the development of a proactive, solutions-based team
- Contributes to a team effort toward accomplishing tasks and achieving results
- Participates and/or assists in special projects. and performs associated administrative duties as assigned: may provide functional direction to staff technicians on assigned work
- Build and maintain project management skills in order to set schedules, determine workload allocation. etc
- Ensure clear and professional communications between G&C Department and Tribal Programs: including periodic updates as to where a contract is within the process and group presentations to staff and others
- Conduct themselves with a diplomatic and professional demeanor at all times
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will supervise a team with two Grants & Contracts Officers, a Grants Development Officer and an Administrative Assistant. Must provide effective communication and leadership. attend to staff climate and conflict issues promptly and professionally.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully. an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge. skill. and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to comprehend. explain and develop policies in all areas of Grants & Contract Management. Must possess organizing. negotiating skills along with the ability to manage multiple priorities. Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply accurate financial and other information. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and string background in Microsoft Word application. Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's (B.A.) Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Five years' experience related to the above described essential duties and responsibilities.
- Or an equivalent combination of the education and experience
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English and must be able to respond to visual and oral cues.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.