Home Health Aide
Job Closing: Feb 16, 2018
Division: Health Services, Outreach Chronic Care Nursing
Job Code: 39-9021
Status: Full-time and part-time positions, permanent, non-exempt
To provide personal care, housekeeping, ROM (Range of Motion) exercises, assist with medications, and most importantly provide companionship to the elderly and medically ill patients.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Maintain records of client care, condition, progress, or problems.
- Report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Assist with range of motion exercises.
- Provide personal care: moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
- Provide housekeeping including but not limited to: changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning.
- Administer prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician or as directed by registered nurse, and ensure patients take their medicine.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to clients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Plan, prepare, or serve meals to clients, according to prescribed diets.
- Accompany clients to doctors' offices and on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance.
- Be available to work on weekends with clients.
- To accept other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Education And/or Experience: High School Diploma and at least two years of experience in home health aide care.
Other Skills and Abilities: Communication both orally and written, Mohawk language and traditions is preferred, physically able to carry out the duties of the position, and maintain confidentiality.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.