Job Closing: Jan 21, 2021
Job Code: 29-2011
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Health Services
Reports To: Lab Supervisor
SUMMARY: Perform complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. May train or supervise staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs tests requiring special scientific skills
- In the absence of the Lab Supervisor, assume responsibility for the proper performance of all lab procedures
- Be on the premises during all hours in which tests are performed
- Be responsible for compliance with all State and Federal lab Regulations
- Analyze laboratory findings.
- Analyze laboratory specimens to detect abnormalities or other problems.
- Clean medical equipment or facilities.
- Collect biological specimens from patients.
- Communicate detailed medical information to patients or family members.
- Communicate test or assessment results to medical professionals.
- Conduct research to increase knowledge about medical issues.
- Cultivate micro-organisms for study, testing, or medical preparations.
- Determine protocols for medical procedures.
- Develop healthcare quality and safety procedures.
- Enter patient or treatment data into computers.
- Maintain medical laboratory equipment.
- Operate laboratory equipment to analyze medical samples.
- Prepare biological specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepare medical supplies or equipment for use.
- Supervise technical medical personnel.
- Train medical providers.
- Participates in various committees within Health Services
- Designated as a quality systems manager who has the training, experience and communication, competency assessment and on-going compliance monitoring with requirements under the laboratory’s quality management system
- Other duties as necessary
- Assume Supervision when Lab Supervisor is not in the office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
4-year degree from and accredited University and licensed with The University of the State of New York Education Department – Laboratory Technologist with six years of post-licensure clinical laboratory experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Communicates in a clear manner, provides pertinent information to Supervisor and colleagues regularly. Must have excellent computer skills, including word and excel with strong oral and written communication skills required.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must complete a PPD test.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.