Job Closing: Oct 29, 2020
Division: Tribal Gaming Commission
Job Code: 13-1041.02
Salary Range: $49,857.60 - $63,939.20
Status: Non-exempt, Full-time
Responsible for processing and reporting for licensure of all Gaming employees for the gaming enterprises of the St. Regis Mohawk Tribe. This includes Class III, Class II, and Gaming Enterprise Work Permits in accordance to the Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Tribal-State Gaming Compact, The Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, and National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Controls and Tribal Internal Control Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Receive and review license applicant history, ensuring application documents are complete and accurate; process each gaming license in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the verification of the gaming license Applicants, which includes, but is not limited to the following: employment, address, criminal records check and contact personal references.
- Examine records, identify offenses, determine the level and type of each offense and utilize this information to determine the criminal record portion of the individual eligibility.
- Performs and/ or conducts the performance of background checks; coordinates with outside agencies as required.
- Coordinates and /or performs the licensing process when a new Associate is hired including license applications, photos, fingerprinting, and issuance of badges.
- Submit fingerprints to the NIGC and evaluate NIGC/FBI fingerprint reports. Make a licensing recommendation to the Licensing Manager based on the results of the NIGC/FBI report.
- After completion of each investigation, prepare synopsis/suitability report for each applicant.
- Submit suitability/synopsis reports to the National Indian Gaming Commission for purposes of obtaining concurrence or objection to issuance of a Tribal Gaming License.
- Ensure all timelines are met for the submission of suitability/synopsis reports.
- Maintain applicant classification folders in an efficient manner, ensuring all information relative to applicants and their gaming license status is accurate and included in the file.
- Maintains open line of communication between the Human Resource department of the Casino regarding the status of an individual license or work permit.
- Foster and maintain positive work relations with the casino operations.
- Familiar with background investigations on vendors receiving $50,000 or more from the Casino.
- Apply for and maintain a credit card for travel for Gaming Commission Staff.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for all staff of the Gaming Commission, including booking travel and reconciliation with Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Departments.
- Strictly maintains the confidentiality of all background information.
- Knowledgeable of all SOPs and SAIC’s of the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino, NYS Gaming Compact and NIGC TIC’s
- Remains current on all local, state, and federal gaming rule and regulations.
- Use personal vehicle to retrieve mail from the Gaming Commission post office box; distribute mail as necessary.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in the St. Regis Mohawk Tribe Handbook.
- Performs other duties and projects as directed by the Licensing Manager, Executive Director, or Gaming Commission.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and files maintained within the St. Tribal Gaming Commission, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
- Must obtain and maintain a Class III occupational gaming license issued from the St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates degree (A. A.) from a two-year College or University and 3 years related backgrounding, investigative experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Consideration will be given to an equivalent, relevant combination of education/experience in the Human Resource, Licensing or background investigations field. Casino regulatory experience and Notary Public certification is an asset.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Must be detail-oriented. Ability to perform assigned job duties under constant time pressures. Must have the ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to build a working relationship with courts, law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, public defenders, probation and parole departments, along with others, including gaming commissioners, casino management, employers and other regulatory agencies. Ability to organize and keep accurate records, maintain an accessible filing system, write routine correspondence and speak effectively to the public, employees, and customers. Must be able to effectively deal with frequent interruptions and simultaneously work on multiple tasks.
Possession of a valid State Driver License in accordance with Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.