Job Closing: Aug 17, 2022
Job Code: 49-9071
Salary Level: $31,553.60 - $50,377.60
Location: Facilities Management Division
Reports To: Crew Leader
SUMMARY: The SRMT Laborer Services performs skilled intermediate to advanced
carpentry repair and service work and is an important team member for construction,
renovations, alterations and finish quality workmanship. The Laborer, is a team member who
performs asset maintenance, service and repair within the Facilities Maintenance Department
by servicing, constructing and repairing all buildings, structures and grounds of the SRMT, to
ensure assets are in good state of repair for the safety, general occupancy and security of staff,
clients, and community members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Perform, assigned work orders to specific to assets for service and repair, to include
all aspects of carpentry, general masonry and or concrete work repair,
• Performs minor and major renovations alterations and or construction projects as
• Constructs, Installs, removes and or relocates office equipment and furnishings as
• Lead by example while enhancing skill sets of newer, subordinate employees with clear
and consistent communications on work effort and tasks, provides onsite leadership
• Exhibits a professional and courteous demeanor at all times with colleagues, clients,
and community members,
• Ensures work effort and standards and repairs are of the highest quality on assigned
projects, that they are completed on schedule and on budget,
• Attends training as directed for general competency improvement such as carpentry,
plumbing, landscape, concrete work as needed based on assigned maintenance activity,
• Operate all aspects of carpentry tools and equipment in the performance of the job to
include as may be required,
• Operation of heavy equipment in support of maintenance projects under way, such as
back-hoe, fork lift, skid steer, and or other equipment as needed or required,
• Follows established guidelines and directives as issued by the SRMT, and Supervisor
for maintenance procedures and processes for the task at hand,
• Ensures compliance to SRMT safety policy while in the performance of daily duties
and tasks, wears approved and assigned safety equipment,
• Ensures all required documentation is turned in at the end of the workday; receipts,
work orders, incident reports, etc.
• Performs general carpentry service and repairs to include but not limited to rough
framing, concrete installation and repairs, millwork, door and window installation and
finish carpentry to include drywall and painting,
• Participates in review of work tasks, makes recommendations to the Supervisor or
work team regarding replacement or repair specific to service being performed,
• Prepares material estimates and or drafts scopes of work to assist in budging for
• Is responsible for tools and equipment assigned, adheres to the 'Tool Crib' equipment
and tool sign out and return program when additional tools are required for any
• \X'ill assist as needed in general trade services specific to building construction and
repair to include but not limited to electrical, plumbing, masonry or HVAC general
service and installation as may be required from time to time,
• Assist in and perform grounds keeping duties as may be assigned intermittently
• Participate in snow clearing of all Tribal facilities we are assigned to maintain, to
include snow plowing, clearing, sanding and salting of access sidewalks and drive ways
during winter months as needed
• Participates in the Facilities Maintenance Departments 'On Call' program for after
hours operations as assigned,
• Adheres to all Tribal policies and directives ,
• \X'illing to work after ours/ weekends and or emergencies as may be required form
time to time or as scheduled,
• Other intermittent duties as may be required from time to time,
Intermittently supervises assigned work force when required, carries out leadership
responsibilities in accordance \\.,jth organization's policies and procedures. Responsibilities
include planning and directing the work when required .
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required . Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Grade 12 or equivalent, 5 years or more hands on experience in general construction tradesto
include rough/ finished carpentry, drywall and painting, basic plumbing experience, concrete/
form work knowledge, and or formal training in related trades / field from an accredited
training program with one year of experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Physical ability to lift up to 5016
• Travel to off-site locations may be required
• Safety equipment will be required
• Hazards associated with the trade
• Work both indoors and outdoors, heat-cold variable conditions
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations in a fast paced fluid
environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of
nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national
origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non- jo b -related factor . Among
qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified Native applicants .
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Be 18 years of age with a valid driver's license in accordance with the SRMT Vehicle Fleet
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.