Job Closing: Jul 17, 2019
Division: Facilities, Maintenance
Job Code: 49-9071
Salary Range: $25,854.40 to $45,572.80 ($12.43 to 21.91)
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Crew Leader, the Maintenance Laborer (Certified), will perform tasks such as grounds keeping, furniture assembly, to more advanced tasks such as inspection and repairing heating/fuel systems, developing material and cost lists for projects, to construction of buildings and office space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform grounds keeping duties using snow plows, mowers, UTVs, and hand tools.
- Transport small equipment or hand tools between departments. Set up tables and chairs as required.
- Assist staff with moving office furniture.
- Perform maintenance from elevated platforms.
- Read and adhere to all established Maintenance Department policies and procedures.
- Strictly follow all established safety procedures while performing duties.
- Inspect, test, and repair air conditioning systems, ventilation systems and septic systems of Tribal buildings.
- Maintain all heating/duel systems and report status to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Develop materials lists and estimate cost of assigned project.
- Perform repairs made to structures and equipment, record cost and report to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Operate and maintain Maintenance Department equipment.
- Carry out the Tribe’s Prevention Maintenance Plan.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carpentry- Knowledge of methods materials and tools in performance of carpentry in buildings, office and other structures.
- Electrical- Knowledge of method materials and tools in performance of electrical installation in buildings, offices and structures.
- Plumbing- Knowledge of methods materials and tools in performance of plumbing installation or repair in buildings or spaces.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Five years’ experience in a maintenance/construction field
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to solve practical problems and with a variety of situations in a fast paced fluid environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.