Job Closing: Feb 26, 2020
Division: Facilities, Maintenance
Job Code: 49-1011
Salary Range: $46,030.40 - $76,481.60 ($22.13 to 36.77)
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
SUMMARY: The SRMT Maintenance Supervisor performs an important leadership role within the Facilities Management Department by ensuring that all buildings and grounds of the SRMT are in good working order for the safety and security of staff, clients, and community members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain, assign and delegate work orders to maintenance crew leaders.
- Oversee major projects.
- Lead by example in clear and consistent communications with staff and colleagues
- Ensures work orders and repair projects are completed on schedule and to quality standards
- Respond to concerns of Program Managers/Directors related to quality and timeliness of work performed
- Provides onsite leadership, as needed, to personnel engaged in maintenance activity at the various Tribal Facilities. Operate heavy equipment in support maintenance projects as needed
- Ensures new maintenance staff are properly trained on in-house maintenance procedures and processes
- Ensures compliance to SRMT safety policy
- Ensures all required documentation is turned in at the end of the workday; receipts, work orders, incident reports, etc.
- Assist Facilities Director with long term maintenance planning for Tribal Facilities
- Makes recommendations to the Facilities manager and Program Manager/Directors regarding replacement or repair of heating, electrical, plumbing and ventilation equipment
- Exhibit a professional and courteous demeanor at all times with colleagues, clients, and community members
- Oversee snowplowing and grounds care programs.
- Assist Facilities Director with Scopes of work.
- Schedules employees and submit time and attendance records. Approves leave requests and submit to Director for review.
- Oversee the Maintenance inventory program and insure compliance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises subordinates in the maintenance unit. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training subordinates, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining subordinates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Ensure time and attendance requirements are satisfied.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates degree with a minimum of three years supervisory experience in a maintenance related position or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations in a fast paced fluid environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.