Mechanical Crew Leader
Job Closing: Aug 4, 2021
Division: Facilities Management Office
Job Code: 49-1011
Salary Range: $48,380.80-$80,371.20 (5%)
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanical Crew Leader is a hands on worker that supervises, coordinates and assists in service and repair activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing mechanical related equipment, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and as assigned physical structures of buildings to include equipment or attachments on site, by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- To be aware of at all times through training and trade related journals on current code application and standards specific to the license (s) held in the maintenance field,
- Develop materials lists and estimate cost of assigned projects and repairs,
- Troubleshoot, coordinates, performs maintenance repairs/ upgrades and service on mechanical equipment,
- Maintains service log record of repairs and services made to structures, equipment and attachments to include cost, materials used or equipment changed, and report on Q-ware maintenance program for record purposes,
- Monitors, assigns, completes and performs work task as issued under the Q-Ware work order program for the assigned duties and team members,
- Develops, updates and implements maintenance standard operating procedures for the equipment being serviced to include weekly, monthly, semi- annual and annual maintenance needs, ensures complies with maintenance schedules with the coworkers,
- Provides onsite direction and assistance to the assigned crew members in the process of completing assigned service, repairs and or projects,
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required to effectively maintain the equipment and or complete projects,
- Analyzes service needs with assigned team members, Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical work problems for best approach to repair or service,
- Complies with established Health and Safety guidelines and Tribal Policies as issued develop and implement specific Standard Safety Policy and Procedures for the assigned work team members, ensure team members are effectively trained and skilled to performs activities identified,
- Ensures compliance with all current codes and regulations as applied while in performance of the construction/ renovation/ repair process,
- Responsible for addressing and coordinating emergency repairs to equipment and fixtures as needed, submit detailed reports on Q-Ware program upon completion,
- Works hand in hand when required with specialized contractors to ensure work is progressing as intended, coordinates and ensures access to facilities or equipment,
- Ensures personnel are properly equipped, supervised and are trained on maintenance procedures, code compliance standards and policies, to include established Tribal Policies and that Safety Procedures are followed by assigned maintenance personnel,
- Will coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisor and Director as may be needed to address issues and concerns related to subordinate staff while consistently applying the Employee Handbook, SRMT Policy and Procedures and or standard’s as applied,
- Effectively participates with recommendations or actions, in the Performance review assessments process for assigned subordinates
- Participates in all associated work in specific trade field(s) as certified or licensed,
- To perform random spot tests and checks on mechanical systems serviced specific to ensure safety and operation and control of equipment, issue work orders to correct and repair identified defective systems,
- Operates construction /maintenance equipment as required, to include but not limited to back-hoe, skid steer, fork lift, tractors, lawn and other equipment as needed,
- Participates in the Facilities Maintenance Department ‘On Call’ program for after hours operation as assigned,
- Assist in and perform grounds keeping maintenance duties as may be assigned intermittently,
- Participate in snow clearing of all Tribal facilities we are assigned to maintain, to include snow plowing, clearing, sanding and salting of access sidewalks and drive ways during winter months as may be required,
- Will be required to work form time to time after hours, adjusted schedules to meet the demands of the job to include possible weekend work,
- Additional intermittent duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out Maintenance responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities includes training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising worker performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have excellent computer skills and ability to prepare schedules, work orders, purchase requisitions and memoranda.
Education and /or Experience Requirement: Licensed and or Certified in a related trade /trades, five years supervisory experience in a maintenance related position, five years work experience in trade license is held in, to include related service fields such as Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC and mechanical maintenance and building systems operations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have computer skills including word, excel and research capacity for parts and materials, experience with varying parts databases is considered an asset. Be physically able to lift up to 50 pounds, work in areas of extreme environmental changes between heat and cold, under varying weather conditions. Must be able to climb, crawl, bend stand kneel for prolonged periods while in the performance of the identified duties and tasks, travel to off-site locations may be required, able to recognize the hazards associated with the trade.
Reasoning Abilities: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations in a fast paced fluid environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.