Job Closing: Mar 6, 2024
Job Code: 29-1215 Salary: $92,414.40 - $245,044.80 (Negotiable)
Status: Exempt, Full-time, Permanent Location: Health Services
Department: Medical Clinic Reports To: Health Director
Summary: This Medical Director will join an engaged and cohesive medical staff, supported by a strong and thoughtful leadership team in the delivery of patient-centered care by evidence-based standards. As the Medical Director you will provide oversight of medical programs operations by ensuring a high quality of healthcare is delivered through the entire life span. Provides strategic plan and guidance and constantly monitors fiscal responsibility of medical operations.
Essential Duties & Requirements
- Patient-centered family medicine physician caring for the Akwesasne community. Provider will develop a continuity panel of patients across the age spectrum from newborn to geriatric.
- Completes initial assessment and evaluation of new patients.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of patient’s medical condition and provides treatment.
- Orders prescription medications and diagnostic procedures.
- Authorizes and coordinates all specialty and ancillary services.
- Outpatient services are delivered in clinic and/or by home visits. Clinic visits will be acute and chronic care visits, with attention to caring for care team patients’ needs.
- Clinic days will generally be 14 scheduled encounters / clinical day (4 clinic days and one full day of administrative days weekly), although provider will be flexible to accommodate patient and team needs, and may occasionally see more patients.
- Focus on team-based, patient-centered care. Will work closely with Physician’s, Mid-Level Practitioners, Nursing Staff, CHR’s, front desk staff, and administrative support staff. Will also collaborate with other patient support services across the organization.
- Correctly and completely documents entries and maintains patient charts in a timely manner as outlined in the Medical Clinic policies and procedures (72 hours).
- Interacts with all colleagues and learners in supportive, productive manner.
- Physicians lead our clinical teams through thoughtful communication with clinical and administrative colleagues and modelling of excellent customer service to patients and their families.
- Support of clinical colleagues in the delivery of patient care includes physicians, PA and NPs, RNs, LPN’s, CHR’s, and other support staff in person, by phone, and through secure texting and EMR communications. Clinical colleagues often talk over cases together in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient and efficient use of clinic and hospital EMR (RPMS). Timely electronic communication, inbox management, chart completion, results review & communication to patients.
- Remains current in the field of medicine and practices up to date medicine as established by national standards (ACOG, AAFP, CDC, etc), with practical application based on patient preferences and clinical environment.
- Maintains licensure and other credentials as required, including ACLS, PALS, NRP, and ALSO.
- Will be a steward of healthcare resources by following protocols for patient specialty consultation and referrals within and outside the SRMHS.
- Works closely with the Business Office programs and care team referral navigators as needed to ensure patient has access to most appropriate care.
- Developing and monitoring an organization’s strategic plan
- Identifying health trends and introducing new treatments
- Planning for the implementation of new information technology
- Accurately and promptly provides coding, billing or other financial information to SRMHS billing team and follows up insurance requests as required.
- Will be attentive to continuous quality improvement.
- Actively participate in and embrace SRMHS continuous quality improvement projects and activities.
- Continually strive to improve patient experience and quality of care with attention to patient access, continuity, team-based care, patient-lead care, and community engagement.
- Participate in peer review sessions with other providers.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Medical Director will provide administrative and clinical supervision of all Physicians, FNP’s, PA’s and Office Manager. Will provide oversight of Medical Clinic, School Based Health Center, Chronic Care Department and Diabetes Clinical Care program. The Medical Director is a team leader and will be expected to engage and work with their team as such.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and files maintained within Health Services, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine from a U.S. medical school, or an Osteopathic Medical School listed as approved by the American Council on Graduate Medication/Education and hospitals, American Medical Association in the list published for the year of graduation, and completion of an approved internship/residency in Family Medicine.
Permanent and full or unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of New York. Board Eligible/Board Certified. 10 years of clinical practice experience and 5 years of higher-level administrative experience required.
REASONING ABILITY: The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the audience so others will understand. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status, or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it.Support the organization’s mission and goals, quality standards, and patient-centered medical home philosophy.
- Embrace SRMHS culture of serving the whole person through our provision of services.
- Incorporate core values of Courtesy, Caring, Respect, Sharing, and Pride in all activities and decisions.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.