Open Until Filled
Job Code: 53-3053 Salary: $15.02 - $24.70
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt Location: Health Services
Department: HS, Chronic Care Reports To: Transport Supervisor
Summary: The driver will report to the transportation coordinator in the Outreach department who will direct non-emergency patient transportation, authorized prescription deliveries to community members with in the Southern Portion of Akwesasne and laboratory samples and tests to the local hospitals. The Outreach transportation services may not be used as an ambulance to provide emergency medical services.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Provide transportation for community members who have need for non-emergency transportation to and from appointments to local area medical facilities.
- Provide prescription delivers to patients of SRMT Health Services within the Southern Portion of Akwesasne.
- Deliver laboratory samples to the local hospitals.
- Maintain a courteous and respectful manner.
- Must be available for daily or on-call transportation.
- Provide non-emergency transportation in a timely manner.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Provide personal door-to door assistance no matter where the home front door is located to the door of the medical practitioner.
- Be able to lift more than 30 pounds.
- Monitor daily gas, oil and maintenance of vehicle including washing and keeping vehicle clean. Tribal vehicles are non-smoking vehicles.
- Must be able to provide physical assistance to the passenger such as walking, climbing, descending stairs, ramps, curbs, or other obstacles.
- Have or take CPR and First Aid Training.
- Familiar with wheel chair mechanism for motor vehicle travel.
- Knowledgeable in operating wheelchair lifts as needed.
- Be familiar with the location of area medical facilities.
- Must be sensitive to the population being served.
- Report all incidents or accidents to the transportation coordinator.
- Complete all required training that is assigned in a timely manner.
- Able to fill in at front reception answering phone calls and running prescriptions to curb-side when needed.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Education And/or Experience: High School Diploma.
Other Skills and Abilities: Communication both orally and written, Mohawk language and traditions is preferred, physically able to carry out the duties of the position, and maintain confidentiality and HIPPA at all times.
Reasoning Ability: Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy. Successful candidate must pass criminal background check and submit to a drug screening.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires ONLY Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. The Vaccine requirement DOES NOT apply to positions that are not Health Services employees. Health Service Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.