Job Closing: Dec 4, 2019
Division: Health Services, Medical Clinic
Job Code: 29-1071 or 29-1171
Salary Range: $87,921.60 to 122,075.20 ($42.47 to 58.69)
Status: Per Diem
Summary: Under the direction of the Medical Director, the Mid-Level Practitioner is responsible for the administration of primary health care to patients as defined by the protocols established in cooperation with the supervising physician. The Mid-Level Practitioner will be responsible for the assessment, clinical evaluation and treatment of diseases and disorders of the human body, as well as incorporating health education into the management of the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Obtaining a history and physical examination, utilizing all types of instruments, medical equipment and standard test.
- Order and schedule lab studies and diagnostic procedures, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Prescribe and administer medication, including effects, side effects and expected results (as outlined in the protocols) and under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Case management, including interpretation of findings and formulation of therapeutic goals. Partnering with the patient throughout the family cycle.
- Making appropriate referrals for further evaluation and treatment.
- Pursuit of continuing education, maintaining an acceptable level of clinical/technical expertise.
- Continued evaluation and reviewing of the objectives to maintain quality care to the patients.
- Maintain relationships with all departments to enhance services to all patients.
- Participate on committees or work groups that enhance the quality or efficiency of care provided to patients.
- Affiliate with professional organizations or the advancement of individual, family and community wellness and healing.
- Participate on care management/treatment teams as FNP/PA and educator.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of personally identifiable information maintained within Health Services, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education and/or Experience: Preferred New York State Licensed Practitioner from an accredited program. Graduate from Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner School accepted with full licensure attained in six months.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.