Job Closing: Feb 22, 2019
Division: Office for the Aging
Job Code: 29-2051
Salary Range: $31,865.60 to 46,303.40 ($15.32 to 22.13)
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the Nutrition Programs promote, maintain, and improve the nutritional well-being of elders served. The Nutrition Coordinator reports to the Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Supervises and oversees the Nutrition Program’s daily operations
- Maintains and organizes daily records of the Nutrition Program
- Responsible for tallying and preparing monthly and quarterly reports
- Conducts in-home assessments to determine continuing eligibility for services
- Assist in kitchen as needed and deliver meals in absence of substitute drivers or volunteers
- Coordinate nutrition education for congregate and home delivered participants with the Registered Dietitian and other support staff
- Make referrals to Registered Dietitian for nutrition counseling
- Work cooperatively with Registered Dietitian and kitchen staff in planning menus, submit monthly menu to Activity Coordinator for newsletter
- Responsible for the Annual Farmers Market coupons and registrations
- Assist with recruitment, coordination and training of volunteers
- Coordinates purchase requisitions for supplies and equipment
- Manage purchasing and inventory from multiple vendors
- Reviews federal, state and tribal government requirements and sets up policies and procedures to ensure they are adhered to
- Arranges for annual inspections of the meal site and the ride-along monitoring of home delivered meals
- Issue notices in regards to meal changes, special dinners, etc.
- Attends required training and meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Director
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of Akwesasne area a must. Familiarity with kitchen operations. Be able to manage multiple client files and projects. Must have effective oral and written communication skills. Must have good problem solving skills. Experience with data entry as asset. Must have a flexible schedule, some evenings required. Must be able to work as part of team. Experience with interviewing and assessment an asset.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: The designated Nutrition Coordinator must have a minimum of four years as community services worker or case aide in LDSS; or satisfactory equivalent combination of above training and experience.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.