Job Closing: Jan 26, 2022
Job Code: 43-1011 Status: Full time, permanent
Exempt: No Location: ACR Building
Department: Education Reports To: Kanienkeha Language Program Manager
Summary: Under the direction of the Kanienkeha Language Program Manager, the Office Manager is responsible for the coordination of the Kanien’kéha Language Programs on a daily basis including scheduling, office procedures, public outreach and recruitment processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Exhibit a friendly and courteous manner when dealing with students, colleagues and community members.
• Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• Type, format, record, edit correspondence and proofread data and other documents such as records or reports.
• Perform basic bookkeeping and accounting tasks including processing student timesheets and stipends, check requests, credit card vouchers, contract requests, invoices, purchase orders and payments.
• Distribute and track incoming and outgoing mail.
• Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
• Maintain records management database systems, including filing systems, inventory, mail, grades, student attendance and curriculum.
• Prepare meeting agendas, record and transcribe minutes.
• Assist with planning, coordinating and supervising of various activities for the programs
• Make recommendations to management concerning such issues as staffing, best practices or procedural changes.
• Conduct community outreach activities such as student announcements, news articles, Facebook updates and respond to any requests for program promotions through presentations, radio, and interviews.
• Facilitate a cooperative relationship between students and the Mohawk Language Program.
• Develop/update procedures, policies, or standards and communications between staff and students.
• Assist in the recruitment and hiring process including public announcements, pre-screening, interviews, and the selection process.
• Produce reports on a monthly basis.
• Foster a climate of respect and integrity.
• Handle concerns and complaints expeditiously and effectively.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information obtained, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma/GED required, Associate’s Degree in liberal arts, communication, business, education or related field or 5 years related experience and/or training/certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Consideration will be given to an equivalent, relevant combination of education/experience in a related field.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The successful candidate must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to employment.