Partridge House Counselor
Open Until Filled
JOB CODE: 21-1011 Salary: $31,241.60 to $80,392.00
STATUS: Permanent Full-time LOCATION: Partridge House
DEPARTMENT: SRMHS A/CDP REPORTS TO: Senior Counselor
Summary: The Partridge House Counselor is under the supervision of the Senior Counselor and Inpatient Program Coordinator and is responsible to provide substance use disorder counseling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual and group counseling to clients to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life and making changes;
- Develop treatment plans and provide tobacco cessation and compulsive gambling counseling, when needed;
- Provide insight into the 12 steps of A.A./N.A. and other self-help opportunities with clients;
- Maintain clients’ files including admission data, progress notes, staging tools, assignments and case consultation forms etc.;
- Participate in weekly treatment team meetings and case consultations;
- Maintain contact with referral agency by phone and/or written letter while client is in treatment;
- Collaboration with and maintain documentation for County and Tribal Drug Courts, DSS, Franklin County Probation, Federal Probation, and NYS Parole and other professionals to assist with client’s needs;
- Facilitates the involvement of family/significant others in family sessions, family education, and where appropriate, referral to family services.
Responsible for enduring a safe, respectful, and supportive, and trauma-informed environment.
- Completion of documentation and paperwork to meet NYS OASAS regulations for admission, medical, utilization review, treatment planning and discharge planning.
Continue education and training to obtain, advance, and/or maintain level of credential;
- Work in a team-based setting and help new staff and interns develop and implement skills needed.
- Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends, if necessary.
- Supervise and log in medications.
- Cover family education sessions, when needed.
- Additional training requirements to meet OASAS standards
- Other duties assigned by the Senior Counselor, Program Coordinator, or Clinical Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information maintained within the office, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, an Associate’s Degree preferred. Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) or Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee (CASAC-T) is preferred.
- Must work towards Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee (CASAC-T) in an appropriate time frame and to work towards becoming a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), and maintain certification.
- Possess individual and group counseling skills.
- Work in a team-based setting.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the disease concept of alcoholism, and how the disease affects the family and Native American communities in general.
- Knowledge of addiction treatment settings and an understanding of 12 step support programs and other self-help programs are an asset.
- Knowledge of cultural teachings and ceremonies preferred.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License preferred
- Good reading, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Minimum of one (1) year of sobriety (if a recovering person)
- CPR/First Aid Certified (or willing to be certified)
- Have a medical screening, have a negative PPD.
- Must be able to assist in an emergency situation.
- Native American preference applies.
- Must be able to pass an OASAS background check.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services has adopted a “Vaccination Policy” that requires ONLY Health Service employees to be “Fully Vaccinated” against the Coronavirus. The Vaccine requirement DOES NOT apply to positions that are not Health Services employees. Health Service Applicants are not required to disclose their vaccination status at the time of application; however, they must do so upon becoming the successful candidate. The successful applicant must submit their proof of vaccination status or they may submit a Medical Exemption form upon being notified that they are the successful candidate. At that point, the policy will apply to them as though they were already employed.