Per Diem Floater
Job Closing: Nov 27, 2017
Division: Executive Director's Office
Job Code: 43-6014
Status: Per Diem
Summary of Duties:
The Administrative Floater will provide clerical and administrative support on a rotating basis to the various offices within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe.
Duties include the following:
- Provide clerical duties for Tribal programs, which will include, but not limited to word-processing, sorting paperwork, distributing applications, paychecks, accounting, filing and data entry
- In the absence of the mail clerk, perform mailroom procedures
- In the absence of receptionist, perform receptionist procedures
- Assist Executive Director's Office Manager with different job tasks
- Promote a positive image of the Tribe
- Exhibit a helpful and courteous manner when dealing with co-workers and community members
- Maintain confidentiality a must
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
One-year certificate from college or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent experience and training.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.