Job Closing: Jan 18, 2019
Division: Health Services, Pharmacy
Job Code: 31-9095
Salary Range: $24,585.60 to 32,177.60 ($11.82 to 15.47)
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direction of Supervising Pharmacist, the Pharmacist Clerk duties will include assisting customers with their prescriptions, stocking inventory, receiving telephone calls, taking messages, and forwarding calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive medications and ask for identifier such as date or birth or see if the prescription has a chart number.
- Scan and hand out prescriptions, sort and organize prescriptions, identify correct patient by asking for date of birth, address, and telephone number.
- Answer phones and log prescription numbers for data entry in the pharmacy.
- Learn computer entry to determine if refills are available to patients.
- Knowledgeable of the RPMS System and ability to check a referral for outside prescriptions.
- Divert all counselling questions to the pharmacist on duty.
- Help with inventory maintenance.
- Flexibility to work during various Health Service hours.
- Reports to Supervising Pharmacist for work schedule and days off to avoid conflicts.
- Capability to work under Supervising Pharmacist including technician’s duties in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervising Pharmacist.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and patient files maintained within the Pharmacy, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of pharmaceuticals preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Communication both orally and written and knowledge of Mohawk language and traditions is preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.