Job Closing: Jan 26, 2022
Job Code: 29-1071 Status: Full Time
Exempt: Yes Location: Health Services
Department: Medical Center Reports To: Medical Director
Summary: To administer primary health care to patients as defined by the protocols established in cooperation with the supervising physician. The Physician’s Assistant will be responsible for the assessment, clinical evaluation and treatment of diseases and disorders of the human body, as well as incorporating health education into the management of the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- To include obtaining a history and physical examination, utilizing all types of instruments, medical equipment and standard test;
- Order and schedule lab studies and diagnostic procedures, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient;
- To prescribe and administer medication, including effects, side effects and expected results, (as outlined in the protocols) and under the direct supervision of the physician;
- Case management, including interpretation of findings and formulation of therapeutic goals. Partnering with the patient throughout the family cycle;
- Making appropriate referrals for further evaluation and treatment;
- Pursuit of continuing education, maintaining an acceptable level of clinical/technical expertise;
- Continued evaluation and reviewing of the objectives to maintain quality care to the patients;
- Maintain relationships with all departments to enhance services to all patients;
- Participate on committees or work groups that enhance the quality or efficiency of care provided to the patients;
- Affiliate with professional organizations or the advancement of individual, family and community wellness and healing;
- Participate on care management/treatment teams as FNP/PA and educator
- Practice Patient Center Care Model
- Other duties deemed appropriate by employer
Qualification Requirements: Graduate from Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner School accepted with full licensure attained in six months.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Master's degree in Physician Assistant education.
Clinical training experience, and the willingness to complete 100 hours of continuing education every two years to maintain certification. A state license to practice or obtain within 6 month.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong analytical and technical skills. Detail oriented with good problem-solving skills and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Excellent team working, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The ability to treat patients with compassion and empathy
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.